Checkout for Drupal
This guide describes how to install, configure, and use the Checkout webshop module for Drupal.
Before you start
Our Drupal plugin is the perfect extension that enables you to use the Checkout to its full potential for your Drupal store. Checkout supports most popular payment methods.
You may see below all the payment methods offered by Checkout. This list refers to all markets.
Depending on your country or region, the list may vary. If you are uncertain about a specific payment method and whether it is available in your country or region, please contact Support for more information.
- The fast checkout with "remember me" functionality.
- A smart mix of payment methods to suit all preferences.
- Multiple checkout languages and currencies for selling in your domestic market and abroad.
The following screenshot shows a checkout page provided by Checkout module:
- Quick setup and flexible configuration.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds.
- Compatibility with discounts, tax (VAT), and shipping options.
The screenshot below shows the configuration page for the Checkout module:
Here's how to install the Checkout module in Drupal using the Composer:
composer require drupal/commerce_easyin your command-line interface. See the official Drupal documentation if you need help using Composer
- Next, you need to activate the module. You have two options:
- Alternative 1: Use the Drupal UI. Go to Extend and search for the Commerce Checkout module.
- Alternative 2:
Use Drush. Type
drush en commerce_easyin your command-line interface.
See also the installation guide at Drupal for more information.
The module is now installed and activated and ready to be configured for your Checkout account.
After installing the module, you need to do some basic configuration of the module:
- Log in to the administration panel as Administrator.
- Go to Store > Configuration > Payment Methods.
- Click Edit near the Nexi Group module (in Operations column).
- Click on the module element in the Action list.
- Fill in the Payment Settings section and click the Save button.
The following table lists all the settings you can configure in the administration area for the Checkout module:
|Name||The name of the payment gateway.|
|Plugin||Select Checkout - Hosted Payment Page.|
|Display name||Shown to your customers during checkout.|
|Mode||Toggles between Test mode and Live mode. Choose test mode if you want to make test purchases using the test environment. There are sample card numbers and invoice addresses for testing purposes. Live mode requires an approved account.|
|Collect billing information||Tick this checkbox if you want to collect billing information. Important! Before disabling, make sure you are not legally required to collect billing information.|
|Secret Key||Your secret key which can be found in Checkout Portal. See the guide Access your integration keys for more help. Important! Use the Test Secret key or Live Secret key depending on the specified Mode (see the Mode setting above).|
|Path to terms and conditions page||The URL to the terms and conditions of your webshop.|
|Language||The language displayed on the checkout page. Default value is English.|
|Enable notification webhook||TODO|
|Conditions||Defines the conditions for when to load this payment gateway. You can create rules based on Customer and/or Order.|
|Status||Enables or disables the module.|
You've now installed and configured the Checkout webshop module. If you have further questions, please see the troubleshooting section below or reach out to our support.
It's possible to manage orders directly in the Drupal admin:
- Navigate to Administration > Commerce > Orders
- Click on an order line to access order details.
- Choose your desired action, Capture/Void/Delete. The Checkout plugin will synchronize automatically. The payment status will also be updated in Checkout portal.
All transactions performed by Nexi Group are accessible in Checkout Portal.
Below are some of the most common configuration errors, their cause and steps that you can follow to solve them.
Nexi Group payment plugin is not visible as a payment method
- Temporarily switch to the Drupal standard template. Custom templates might need additional changes to ensure correct display. Consult with your web designer or developer.
Nexi Group payment window is blank
- Ensure your integration keys in the Nexi Group plugin settings are correct and do not contain additional blank spaces.
- Temporarily deactivate third party plugins that might affect the functionality of the plugin.
- Check if there are any temporary technical inconsistencies: https://nets.eu/Pages/operational-status.aspx
Payments in live mode don't work
- Ensure you have an approved Live Checkout account for production.
- Ensure your Live Checkout account is approved for payments with the selected currency.
- Ensure payment method data is correct and supported by your Checkout agreement.
Go live checklist
For more information, refer to the section Go-live checklist.