Nexi Checkout for Shopware
This guide describes how to install, configure, and use the Nexi Checkout webshop module for Shopware 5.
Before you start
As outlined from Shopware, Shopware 5 version has announced its' end-of-support (EOS) until July 2024, from their end. We will keep the Shopware 5 plugin for Easy but this is not something that we are actively working on to support. We therefore recommend you to either migrate or upgrade Shopware 6 to stay compliant with security matters. This is also so we can fully support you on the needed functionalities with the E-commerce platform.
Easy: Overview - Shopware plugin
Our Shopware plugin is the perfect extension that enables you to use the Nexi Checkout checkout to its full potential for your Shopware store. Nexi Checkout supports most popular payment methods.
- The fast checkout with "remember me" functionality.
- Embedded checkout for an optimized user experience. Users are not redirected outside Shopware.
- A smart mix of payment methods to suit all preferences.
- Multiple checkout languages and currencies for selling in your domestic market and abroad.
The following screenshot shows a checkout page provided by the Nexi Checkout module:
- Quick setup and flexible configuration.
- Intuitive order management with synchronized captures and refunds.
- Compatibility with discounts, tax (VAT), and shipping options.
- Compatible with multi-shop setups.
The screenshot below shows the settings page for the Nexi Checkout module:
Follow the steps below to install the Nexi Checkout module in Shopware 5.
Step 1: Add the module to Shopware
- Download the latest plugin archive from GitHub: https://github.com/Nets-eCom/shopware5-easy-checkout/archive/refs/heads/master.zip.
- Upload the zip archive manually and extract it to the path
/custom/plugins/netsor upload the zip archive under Configuration > Plugin Manager using the Upload plugin function in Shopware Admin.
- Clear your cache and refresh under Configuration > Caches/Performance.
Step 2: Activate the module
The next step is to activate the newly installed module under Shopware payment methods.
- Go to Payments methods in Shopware admin.
- Activate Nexi Checkout.
- Check with subshop settings so that you will have Nexi Checkout payment method available in your subshops.
The module is now installed and ready to be configured for your Nexi Checkout account.
After installing the module, you need to do some basic configuration of the module:
- Navigate to Configuration > Plugin Manager > Installed
- Locate the Nexi Group payment plugin and click on edit (a pencil icon) to access the configuration.
- Fill out the required fields, such as merchant ID and integration keys (secret keys and checkout keys).
- (Optional) Customize the module according to your needs using the additional settings on the configuration page.
Both the merchant ID and the integration keys can be found in Nexi Checkout Portal. See the following pages for more help:
The screenshot below shows the configuration page for the module:
The following table lists all the settings you can configure in the administration area for the Nexi Checkout module:
|Test Mode||Toggles between live mode and test mode. Choose test mode if you want to make test purchases using the test environment. There are sample card numbers and invoice addresses for testing purposes. Live mode requires an approved account.|
|Live Secret key||Your live secret key from Nexi Checkout Portal.|
|Live Checkout key||Your live checkout key from Nexi Checkout Portal.|
|Test Secret key||Your secret key for test purchases from Nexi Checkout Portal.|
|Test Checkout key||Your checkout key for test purchases from Nexi Checkout Portal.|
|Terms Url||The URL to the terms and conditions of your webshop.|
|Merchant Terms Url||The URL to the privacy and cookie settings of your webshop.|
|Icons bar url||Set and customize icons listing by editing directly in url parameters or visit our custom Icons url generator at: https://easymoduler.dk/icon/|
|Integration Type||Select between Hosted and Embedded. Hosted loads a new payment page whereas embedded inserts the payment window directly on the checkout page.|
|Auto-capture||Allows you to instantly charge a payment straight after the order is placed. Important! Capturing a payment before shipment of the order might be liable to restrictions based upon legislations set in your country. Misuse can result in your Nexi Checkout account being forfeit.|
You've now installed and configured the Nexi Checkout webshop module. If you have further questions, please see the troubleshooting section below or reach out to our support.
It's possible to manage orders directly in the Shopware administration:
- Navigate to Customers > Orders
- Click on the edit icon (a pencil) to access order details for a particular order.
- Choose your desired action (Capture or Refund) on the Nexi Checkout tab. The Nexi Checkout plugin will synchronize automatically. The payment status will also be updated in Nexi Checkout portal.
All transactions performed by Nexi Group are accessible in Nexi Checkout Portal.
The following screenshot shows the list of orders in Shopware administration:
Below are some of the most common configuration errors, their cause and steps that you can follow to solve them.
Nexi Group payment plugin is not visible as a payment method
- Ensure the Nexi Group plugin is available in the right shop under Configurations > Payment method > Nets Checkout > Subshops.
- Temporarily switch to the Shopware 5 standard template. Custom templates might need additional changes to ensure correct display. Consult with your web designer or developer.
Nexi Group payment window is blank
- Ensure your integration keys in the Nexi Group plugin settings are correct and do not contain additional blank spaces.
- Temporarily deactivate third party plugins that might affect the functionality of the plugin.
- Check if there are any temporary technical inconsistencies: https://nets.eu/Pages/operational-status.aspx
Payments in live mode don't work
- Ensure you have an approved Live Nexi Checkout account for production.
- Ensure your Live Nexi Checkout account is approved for payments with the selected currency.
- Ensure payment method data is correct and supported by your Nexi Checkout agreement.
Go live checklist
For more information, refer to the section Go-live checklist.