This guide outlines the basics of using American Express card via Checkout and gives you instructions needed for a fluent implementation.
Checkout has an integration to American Express.
|Reservation & charge
You can learn more about the payment operations from here.
The supported business model for SEPA Direct Debit is only B2C. The B2B business model is not offered.
To activate American Express as a payment method and to add it to your Checkout portal, you need to complete the onboarding journey.
If you already have an existing Checkout portal account, you need to contact Support for this.
This following section will describe the user journey for a consumer:
Depending on what country the consumer is based from, it will need to be verified with their corresponding authentication eg. bank ID, NemID etc.
- When your consumer chooses American Express as a payment method in the checkout, they will be prompted to enter their:
- Card number (15 digits)
- Expiry date (mm/yy)
- Card Identification Number (CID) (4 digits)
- From here, they will be directed to the 3DS.
- After the verification and validation of the true identity with the strong authentication page, the consumer will be able to either approve or reject the payment.
- When the payment has been approved, the amount will be reserved on the card.
- When you dispatch the goods then the charge amount will be deducted as a charge request will notify Checkout about this.
Checkout provides the possibility to test for American Express. You can test American Express payments in the Nexi Group testing environment.