SEPA Direct Debit
This guide outlines the basics of using SEPA Direct Debit Payments via Nexi Checkout and gives you instructions needed for a fluent implementation.
Before you start
SEPA Direct Debit can currently only be integrated via Ratepay.
To process SEPA Direct Debit payments, Nexi Checkout partners with SEPA. Therefore, an additional agreement is required before you can enable SEPA Direct Debit in your Nexi Checkout portal. Please contact our Customer Service Team to get that process started.
Nexi Checkout has an integration to SEPA Direct Debit.
In order for you to completely integrate SEPA Direct Debit, the following steps should be taken:
- Sign the contract with Sales.
- Complete onboarding.
- Activate the Ratepay payment method within the Nexi Checkout portal.
The Ratepay solution offers two options:
- The "SEPA DD (Guaranteed)" option - the solution gives you a payment guarantee.
- The conventional Direct Debit option - this solution offers no payment guarantee. Please note that with this option, the IBAN number from the local current account/card is mandatory. This process also contains a security check that consists of your address data and your date of birth (this data can be saved for future security checks).
SEPA Direct Debit payments are Account to Account payments. That means that certain card related operations are not applicable.
Applicable methods are:
- Create payment
- Retrieve payment
- Update reference information
- Update order
- Terminate payment
After a successful payment, it will take up to 5 days before the amount will appear in your Nexi Checkout Payment account.
You can learn more about the payment operations from here.
To activate SEPA Direct Debit as a payment method and to add it to your Nexi Checkout portal, you need to complete the onboarding journey.
If you already have an existing Nexi Checkout portal account, you need to contact Support for this.
Once the contract is signed, you can activate SEPA Direct Debit payments in your Nexi Checkout portal.
- Find to the "Add-on" page in the Nexi Checkout admin portal
- Fill out the form
- Click Onboard
User Journey & Payment Flow
This following section will describe the user journey and payment flow for a consumer:
- When your consumer chooses SEPA Direct Debit as a payment method in the checkout, they will be prompted to enter their:
- IBAN number
- Date of birth (dd-mm-yyyy)
- CVC (4 digits)
- Consent to the mandate.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- After confirming the payment by clicking “Pay” they get a security prompt from their bank.
- The payment is completed after confirming the security prompt.
The maximum ammount per basket for SEPA Direct Debit payments is 3000 EUR.
Nexi Checkout currently does not provide the possibility to test for SEPA Direct Debit as seen in this overview table.
When it is available, you will be able to see it in the Nexi Group testing environment.