This guide outlines the basics of using PayPal via Checkout and gives you instructions needed for a fluent implementation.
Before you start
An additional agreement is required for accepting PayPal. Please contact our Customer Service to get that process started.
Checkout has an integration to PayPal which enables your consumers to pay via their PayPal account.
Payments with PayPal will be processed with the chosen card connected to what the consumer has registered with their PayPal account. You can check the authorization timeframes from this table here.
|Reservation & charge
You can learn more about the payment operations from here.
To activate PayPal as a payment method and to add it to your Checkout portal, you need to complete the onboarding journey.
If you already have an existing Checkout portal account, you need to contact Support for this.
User Journey & Payment Flow
This following section will describe the user journey and payment flow for a consumer:
- When your consumer chooses PayPal as a payment method in the checkout, they will be prompted to:
- Accept terms and conditions
- Click on Pay.
- From here, they will be redirected to the PayPal page in a pop-up window.
- Log in with their credentials.
- Approve the payment in the pop-up window.
- From here, they will be redirected back to the checkout.
Checkout currently does not provide the possibility to test for PayPal as seen in this overview table.
When it is available, you will be able to see it in the Nexi Group testing environment.